Facebook,Twitter,Google plus one Share Buttons WordPress Plugin
REQUIRES WordPress 2.8 and up
CATEGORY: WordPress Plugin
Note: Read 10. Specify a image for Pinterest set up.
- Smart Pinterest share, allows you to set the image or get the first image automatically
- All buttons can show counts.
- Show buttons after post contents by default.(See FAQs-2 for how to show buttons elsewhere)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Why doesn’t show the share buttons after Page content(and Homepage)?
2. What if I really want to add the buttons after Page Contens or Homepage?(Not, Recommend)
It is not recommended as explained above,but if you really want to do so, simply find if(is_single()) in Facebook_Twitter_Google_plus-one_Share_Buttons.php file, there are two.
- To display buttons after posts and pages, change them to if(is_single()||is_page())
- To display buttons after posts and Homepage, change them to if(is_single()||is_home())
- To display buttons after posts, pages and Homepage, change them to if(is_single()||is_page()||is_home())
- To display buttons after posts and categories, change them to if(is_single()||is_category())
Learn more about WordPress Conditional Tags.
3.Upon activating the plugin, it shows text links,not buttons
Upon activating the plug I only see text links beneath each post saying “Share” and “Tweet”. I don’t see any settings page for this plugin. Am I missing something?
You must be from China. GWF has prevent the buttons from appearing normally. Maybe you should use a VPN or other proxy.
4.I get some problem with the plugin after updating, I can’t click on the buttons
1. Your WordPress theme is too old and doesn’t support the new version .( Use the old version(V1.0) or find a similar plugin)
2. There are some conflict between this plugin and other plugins you use .(Deactivating other plugins on by one to check which one is the cause).
5.Remove Button in Facebook,Twitter,Google plus one Share Buttons V1.2
V1.2 got four extra buttons and you might want to remove them. As V1.2 hasn’t got a Dashboard Option Page,so you have to edit the plugin and deal with the code.(I am now working on V1.3, this version will get a Dashboard Option Page).
6.How to remove the dot beside the buttons?
Some WordPress theme specify the li tag with a background,for example:
To remove the dots or other background image specified by your wordpress theme, simply reinstall the plugin from WordPress.org, I have updated the plugin.
7.Upon activating the plugin, it shows nothing! Even without the text links!
Edit the footer.php file of your theme,make sure there are “<?php wp_footer()?>” before the closing body tag.If not, add it yourself.
The end of footer.php should be something like this:
</div> </div> <?php wp_footer()?> </body> </html>
8.How can i remove the plugin from WP Touch template? I want only the buttons on website template.
Add the following code to wptouch/html/head-area.php file:
remove_filter ('the_content', 'socialbutton'); remove_action('wp_footer', 'socialbutton_integration'); <?php global $wptouch_settings; ?> <?php global $bnc_wptouch_version; ?>
9.How can I add the buttons before the content of the post, not after?
V1.3 will enable you to choose where to show the buttons, but I’ve got a lot of work to do these days , so it won’t come out soon. To add the buttons before the content,you can use this modified version of the plugin: facebooktwittergoogle-plus-one-BEFORE_POST.zip
10. Specify a image for Pinterest
Add p-img custom field,the value is the image you want to Pin for this post.
If you don’t set it , the plugin will fetch the first image in the post as Pinterest image.