Easy Smooth Scroll Links WordPress Plugin
Easy Smooth Scroll Links WordPress Plugin creates page anchors and add smooth scrolling effect (you can also choose other scrolling animation effects) to links linking to page anchors. You can set scroll speed and offset value. Works on IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari.
Right way of setting up anchors:
According to the HTML 5 specification， we should use id attribute instead of name for anchors.
<a id="anchorname"></a> <h1 id="anchorname">TEXT</h1>
By inserting an anchor to a certain part of the page, we are setting up an address for this section,
Right ways of linking to anchors:
1. To anchors on the same page:
2. To anchors on another page:
1. Setting Up Anchors
Set up an anchor for a section, and then link to this section on the same page with #anchorname
Note: You can also use shortcode to insert anchors, in case the button doesn’t show up in Visual Editor.
2. Anchor Scrolling Settings
You can set scroll speed and offset value. Choose from 30 Scrolling Animation Effects
Offset means: there could be a distance between the destination of scrolling and the anchor. (By default, the destination is exactly where the anchor is.)
To learn more about easing functions, go to http://easings.net/
3. Disabling Scrolling to Some Anchors
This plugin works by judging whether the hyperlink begins with #
If you link TEXT with #apple, then this plugin will take you to anchor with the name apple. This can sometimes cause problems, especially more and more complex onpage modules are using # within their structure, like Tab module, Accordion module.
Thus, I designed this function allowing you to disable scrolling to some anchors.
a). Disabling Scrolling to Anchors with the same prefix
By default, I have excluded anchors links beginning with #tab #quicktab #pane these 3 are the most used prefix for Tab plugins/modules. like the Woocommerece plugin.
b). Disabling Scrolling to Individual Anchors
Take my blog widget as an example,
I can exclude them with prefix #bl , which is recommended.
I can also exclude them one by one, but it’s not so smart, as you can type less words with method 1
1. It doesn’t work !
It should work on all major browsers and all modern wordpress themes. If it doesn’t, there are mainly 2 kinds of problems:
- Missing of required js files. There should be jquery.easing file loading after jQuery.js file. If not, the reason can be complex, maybe plugin conflicts, maybe theme not compatible…
- Incorrect anchor url writing, for example, my wordpress website is http://www.jeriffcheng.com/ then I should put http://www.jeriffcheng.com/#about in menu, if I forgot the www and use
http://jeriffcheng.com/#about, things just go wrong…
2. I can’t see Anchor Button in CKEditor?
CKEditor For WordPress has its own Anchor Button:
3. I want to know about about the animation effects.
They are actually Easing functions, read more : http://easings.net/